The downloadable version of our New Member Packet, Ribbon Cutting Request, and New Member Application and Benefits, is located at the bottom of this page.
What is a Chamber Ribbon Cutting?
A Ribbon Cutting Ceremony is something we offer to all of our new members. It is a great way to
celebrate becoming a Member of the Chamber and promote your business to the community
What does the Chamber do for my ribbon cutting?
- It’s FREE!
- The Chamber will gladly invite its Board of Directors, local government, other members, and
media to attend your ceremony.
- We will promote your event on our Facebook page, website, newsletter, via email, and at our
- We will arrive at your ceremony with a Chamber of Commerce sign, ribbon, and scissors.
- We will take photos & videos of the ceremony to post on our Facebook page. If you have a
storefront, we can also video a tour of your location and post that as well.
- A few days after your ceremony we will provide you with a framed photo of your ribbon cutting
with a piece of your ribbon inside.
Things for you to consider:
- Who will cut the ribbon? Typically the owners will cut the ribbon, however, each organization is
different and you can pick whomever you like.
- When do you want to hold the event? We find that Wednesdays at 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM, or 4:00
PM draws the largest crowd. We cannot guarantee that we can have a ribbon cutting on
weekends or holidays.
- Where do you want to have your ceremony? If you do not have a storefront, that’s okay! We
can host your ribbon cutting at the Dayton Community Center. You can also have your ribbon
cutting directly following one of our monthly luncheons.
- How can you maximize this ceremony? Consider sharing our Facebook post & event on your
- What will you share when you speak at your ceremony? You can thank those who helped
along the way, how you came about your business or organization, and any special
announcements. Please try to limit your speech to about 3 minutes. The speech is optional.
- A typical ribbon-cutting ceremony will last about 10 minutes.
Business After Hours
What is a Business After Hours?
A Business After Hours is our take on an evening networking event. You’ll have the chance to network with other professionals at these fun and interactive networking events!
What are the benefits?
When you host a Business After Hours you’re opening up your business to potential new customers. You’ll be able to host tours, let attendees test your products, and let them feel comfortable in your business space. We also recommend having three door prizes to give away at the event. Plus, we will promote your Business After Hours on our Facebook, website, newsletter, and at our monthly luncheon.
What does the Chamber do for my Business After Hours?
- We will take care of promoting the event, but we encourage you to share it with your customers as well!
- We will pick up and set up the refreshments.
- If you cannot host this event at your own storefront, we can host it at the Dayton Community Center.
Watch a tour of our most recent Business After Hours hosted by DCDC here.
Want to learn more about having your own Business After Hours? Give us a call at 936-257-2393
About our Luncheons
Each month we bring in a different guest speaker and caterer for our community members to enjoy. The luncheon is a great opportunity for our members to network with other members, city officials, media, and community members.
Our luncheons are on the first Tuesday of every month from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Our luncheons are held in the Dayton Community Center Ballroom.
How to Register
- You can register & pay for your seat at our luncheons by going to our website (explained on page 10).
- You can call 936-257-2393
- You can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- $15 for Members
- $20 for Non-Members
- $20 for Members that register after 5:00 pm the Friday before the luncheon
We ask that you please RSVP by the Friday before each luncheon by 5:00 pm to be entered in the drawing for a chance to win a door prize.
To avoid a late registration charge, please register by the Friday before each luncheon by 5:00 pm.
If you are unable to attend, please cancel by the Friday before each luncheon by 5:00 pm to avoid charges.